My name is Allen Duong. I am a senior here, at Texas A&M Commerce University. I am currently the President of Sigma Phi Phi also known as Syphers. I am also heading into my fourth year as the Video Coordinator for the football team. I enjoy meeting the unique people that the aforementioned organizations allowing to meet different characters, and this experience is preparing me for a future as a Higher Education Instructor. I also enjoy helping my fellow Syphers find out who they are and broaden their horizons as well as my own. Personally, I think that all meetings that i have are good experiences, but the ones I choose to remember are the ones that make the most difference to me everyday.
In many ways technology has been very beneficial in granting access to more material in more places to more people. However technology is also changing the ability of people to communicate with one another. More recent generations often rely heavily on technology to provide them the answers they seek. While the ability to use and access information easily through newer technologies is an important skill to have education and learning still requires students to be capable of finding more traditional methods to discover the answers. For example in a library the Dewey Decimal System a long established method of organizing books and other media is rarely taught to children at a young age if at all.
I hope to use the skills that I learn in this class to broaden my abilities. I also hope to become moderately capable at using different mediums of communication and technology. My skills with technology are quite limited and some may even call me "technologically retarded" my goal is to become comfortable and capable with different technologies so that I will no longer be considered "technologically retarded".
No comments:
Post a Comment