Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Social Media" Tools




Before today’s video, I always saw wiki as an easy source to compose data of a group of people’s research. As in I could copy and paste someone else’s words and rephrase it so that I could use it. However, I now know that they can be used for better uses like social planning thru the use of the web. One person writes this, the other responds with that. A huge conversation with a written log for reference, wiki the world reference so to speak. With a filter system for bookmarking, this takes away the hours of searching thru all the sites for the ones needed for the task. Also it’s pretty nice to be able to share all of the bookmarks all at once instead of individually sending them to the other party. As for the other tools of Web 2.0, I personally do not see a future need for me personally. But I think that they could become helpful for others if given the time to practice.

In today’s educational system anything that can be linked to social media is a gold mine to a person’s attention span. What Web 2.0 does for today’s system is to put the task of sharing knowledge, not only in the composure, but into the hands of the respondents. Everyone is about expressing their opinion and getting their word out so that they can be heard. The tools like Wiki, Social Bookmarking, and Voice Threads; are areas where you can save something not only for your use but share it to help others that need it as well. A social media back scratching so to speak, the great thing is since I heard about this book marking site I now have a way to filter out all the junk in my favorites tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment